Friday, May 8, 2009

I Have

I have stood on the edge of canyons
Those incredible depths
The distance I was so close to falling into

I have looked upon the mountains
The obstacles I had to traverse
Dark forests and frigid snow

I have trekked across the deserts
Those unforgiving dunes
No destination in sight

I have walked through city streets
The hustle and bustle of everyday life
That conceal, yet reveal, a degrading world

I have been caught in gunfire
Bullet after deadly bullet
Threatening to pierce my soul

I have been hit with the knife
Stabbed in all my weakest points
The ways in which I am vulnerable

I have swam across the oceans
The waves battered my body
Yet could not break my spirit

I have stared down fear
And laughed in his face
For I am allied with the Victorious

I have seen light in darkness
It seemed so distant
Yet was always with me

I have seen the hands that heal
Walked into their light
Into Love's embrace

- A.R. Rodriguez, 5/08/2009

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POEM.

    Caps seem so overdone, haha, but I really really really like this. A lot. It makes me feel like I'm at each stage with you.

    "I have stared down fear
    And laughed in his face
    For I am allied with the Victorious"

    is my favorite bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe "Alliance" for the title?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. :)

    "Alliance" could work...

    ReplyDelete